At Garage Door Pro, safety is our top priority. We are committed to providing our customers in Wisconsin with reliable garage door repair and installation services while ensuring the safety of their families and property. Here are some essential garage door safety tips to keep in mind:
1. Regular Maintenance Checks: Schedule regular maintenance checks with our skilled technicians to inspect and maintain your garage door system. Proper maintenance helps identify and address potential issues before they become safety hazards.
2. Test the Safety Features: Regularly test the safety features of your garage door, such as the auto-reverse mechanism and photo-eye sensors. To test the auto-reverse, place a 2x4 board in the door's path; it should reverse upon contact. The photo-eye sensors should detect obstructions and reverse the door's closing process.
3. Keep Remote Controls Secure: Keep your garage door remote controls out of the reach of children and away from potential burglars. If you have a wireless keypad, treat it like a password and avoid sharing the code with unauthorized individuals.
4. Watch the Door in Motion: Always keep an eye on your garage door while it's in motion. Ensure that no one, especially children or pets, tries to enter or exit while the door is opening or closing.
5. Avoid DIY Repairs: Garage door repairs can be complex and dangerous. Attempting DIY repairs may lead to injuries and further damage to your door. Leave repairs to our trained professionals who have the expertise and safety equipment to handle the job safely.
6. Keep Moving Parts Lubricated: Regularly lubricate the moving parts of your garage door, such as rollers, hinges, and springs, to ensure smooth and quiet operation. Use a silicone-based lubricant for best results.
7. Educate Family Members: Teach your family members, especially children, about garage door safety and the potential risks associated with playing around or under a moving garage door.
8. Emergency Release Handle: Familiarize yourself with the emergency release handle on your garage door opener. In case of a power outage or malfunction, you can use the handle to manually open or close the door.
At Garage Door Pro, we take garage door safety seriously. Our team is here to assist you with any repairs, maintenance, or safety-related inquiries. Contact us today to ensure your garage door is operating safely and reliably. Your safety and satisfaction are our top priorities.